Day 2: First Impressions of Austria

Alright so my first few days in Austria have been fantastic. All of my flights went well and I arrived in Graz in the mid-afternoon on Tuesday, August 7th. I met my Rotary Youth executive officer, Philli, and his son, Laurin. We had to drive quite a ways to their house, about 2 and half hours. Along the way, we moved deeper into the Alps, each mountain getting taller than the one before it. The scenery is just amazing here. We eventually arrived in Knittelfeld, my host town for the year. I was given a tour of the place- the school, the stores, and the swimming facility (we went inside and it is just fantastic with an outdoor 50m pool and an indoor 25m pool). Everything is within easy walking distance throughout the whole town. I am extremely excited! We then drove on to the von Pranckh’s house, or should I say estate. It is a huge castle, built more than a hundred years ago, in 1908. I got shown around the house and later we ate dinner. Great first day and a great first impression of Austria! Then the next day, Philli and I travelled back to Knittelfeld to set up my bank account. Got that all worked out and then got to go swimming and see a nearby town of. The weather is just wonderful, too. Especially after the temperatures being in the upper 100’s in Little Rock, I am appreciating the low 70’s here!

Comments

  1. It's great to read your news. We're glad your first few days went so well. How's your German? Can you keep up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. THE ALPS THATS SO COOL!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment